Services for Students
Studying in the UK

Applying to study in the UK

If you are planning to study full time at undergraduate level in the UK, you will almost certainly need to apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).

Postgraduate students generally make applications to study in the UK directly through the university or college concerned.

There are three ways of applying to UCAS:

  1. by completing the paper application form,
  2. by using 'apply' the UCAS web-based application system; or
  3. by using EAS, the UCAS electronic application system which is supplied on a CD.

For further details of each of these methods, and for more information on what happens after your application has been submitted, have a look at UKCOSA’s 'Applying to Study through UCAS.'

You can request a UCAS application form and their guide for international students, from the following address:

UCAS Distribution Team, PO Box 130, Cheltenham
Gloucestershire GL52 3ZF, UK

E mail: • Web:
Tel: +44 (0) 870 1122200

You can also order a UCAS application pack online at:

UK NARIC provides an advisory service for students who have to relate overseas academic qualifications to those awarded in the UK:

The British Council runs an advisory service covering choices of course and institution:


© 2005 WorldWide Study - finding the right courses for international students to study abroad